Brew Date: 01-06-2022
Calc OG: 1.047 BE: 75% DP: 115 SRM: 10 IBUs: 30 TGW: 1.7 lbs.
Yeast: Safale US-05
• Tap Water Profile (ppm): Ca=4 Mg=2 Na=69 Cl=11 SO4=15 CaCO3=128 HCO3=153
• Target Water Profile (ppm): Ca=99 Mg=10 Na=41 Cl=93 SO4=93
• Steps to Achieve Target Water Profile:
- Add 1 gal distilled water for total 2.5 gal (40% dilution to lower Na level to 41)
- Add 1.0g CaSO4, 2.0g CaCl2, 0.9g MgSO4, 0.5g Ca(OH)2
- Acid Addition: None
• Target Mash pH = 5.5, Actual Mash pH = , Post-Fermentation pH =
Bring 2.125 qt (2 qt 2oz) brewing liquor to 162F (water : grist ratio = 1.25 qt : 1 lb). Mash grains for 60 min at 152F. Bring 1.5 gal sparge water to 170F. Sparge grain, accumulating 1.75 gal in boil kettle. Bring to boil. Add 3g Mosaic, boil for 50 min. Add 3g Fuggle and flocculant, boil for 10 min. Turn off heat. Chill pot to 62F. Rack wort to secondary pot with 2 drops Fermcap-S. Rack wort to carboy. Aerate.
Hydrometer reading (Original Gravity) =
Pitch yeast. Fit air-lock.
Fermenter is at 64F and started bubbling within a few hours--still strong at 24 hrs. Bubbling has slowed after 36 hrs. After 72 hours raise the carboy temp 1-2 degrees every 24 hours until carboy is 72F, then remove from the fermentation chamber. Allow fermentation to continue 3 more weeks.
After 4 weeks fermentation, rack to bottling pot.
Hydrometer reading (Final Gravity) = ABV = ( - ) x 131.25 = %
Add priming sugar: 19g Sucrose. Filled 9 - 12oz bottles. Allow 2 weeks, then refrigerate.
Notes: English Bitter,